Saturday 31 July 2010

Everything Tote - It Sure Is!

This is my Everything Tote, from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing.
I made it almost a year ago and finally took some photos of it this summer, during our holiday in Portugal. And I was very pleased that my very sweet Godmother - who is a professional seamstress (so it was a bit nervwrecking having to show her the bag I sewed...) - accepted modelling it! She was very funny with whole thing and of course there were lots of jokes about vegetables...! We had a great laugh! Thank you Gina!


I know a lot has been written about this pattern, and the erratas in the book, and yes I did have problems with the handles, but in the end I got a great tote which really carries EVERYTHING! This summer we've used it as a beach bag, a market bag, a "mum" bag, a shopping bag.... And it just holds so much! And as a user, lover and dependent on big bags this was definitely a great project to have done. And I will do more of these, I'm sure!

The outer fabric is from Åhléns, from last year's collection. The lining fabric is deep pink cotton, from a local fabric shop.

5 comments:

  1. Está fantástico! Também tenho o livro e tem projectos tão giros que nem sei por onde começar. Mas provavelmente também vou fazer esse tote, que parece mesmo muito prático!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosto muito de sacos assim práticos e grandes para que caibam todas as nossas tralhas lá dentro. Não conhecia o livro, obrigada pela partilha.
    Boa semana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely tote!! Your mum must have been super happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for returning the visit, it's nice when that happens, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Barbara, thanks for your comment and please come around more often love your style! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete